Reliance Payment Solutions Limited ("RPSL") offers JioMoney account ("JioMoney") under the authorization received from Reserve Bank of India under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 and Rules/Regulations thereunder. This document details about the manner we collect, store and use your Personal Information and its security.
During course of your association with us, we collect and store your Personal Information. Personal Information shall mean information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally. This includes, but not limited to the following:
- Information which you may provide during the registration process such as Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Communication or Permanent Address;
- Photograph and/or any other personal document provided during registration or during the profile update such as proof of identity, proof of address;
- Usage logs or transactions performed which can identify you as an individual through your customer ID or other relevant unique identifier;
- IP Addresses;
- Media Access Control address;
- Device specific information or identifiers such as IMEI, OS specific identifiers;
- Usage logs/Server logs/Cookies having Personal Information;
- Any other sensitive personal data or information, such as - Passwords, Financial information, such as details of bank account, credit card, debit card, or other payment instrument details, financial transactions etc.
This information can be in electronic or physical format.
Any comments, messages, feedback, complaints blogs, scribbles etc. posted /uploaded /conveyed /communicated by you on the public sections of the application becomes published content and is not considered Personal Information subject to this Policy.
We value the trust you place in us, and hence insist upon the highest level of protection for securing your Personal Information with us. RPSL may use your personal information for:
- Verification of your identity, access, privileges assigned in relation to your JioMoney account;
- Provisioning of products/services, testing or improvement of services, recommending various products or services, including that of affiliates of RPSL;
- Processing your requests, transactions, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities;
- Communicating to you about bills, invoices, existing or new offers, content, advertisements, surveys, key policies or other administrative information;
- Analytics and reviews for improvement of the product/services;
- Improving your experience while using the application by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you;
- Ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory requirements for prevention and detection of frauds and crimes etc.
- RPSL and its affiliates does not sell or rent Personal Information to any third party entities.
- In a scenario where we or our assets are merged or acquired by the other business entity, or during restructuring of business or re-organization, we may share Personal Information provided by you to such business entities. If any such an event occurs the other business entity or the newly combined business entity will ensure safeguarding of your Personal Information.
- RPSL engages a number of vendors, consultants, contractors and take support of our group companies or affiliates (hereon referred to as our ‘Partners’). We may provide our Partners access to or share your Personal Information to enable them to provide the services subscribed by you.
- Our Partners and their employees operate under a contract and strict security & confidentiality restrictions. We take adequate measures to ensure that our partners adopt appropriate level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of your Personal Information.
- We may share your Personal Information with government/government authorities or agencies/ legal authorities for any investigation or to comply with legal process or in response to a request by any of these authorities or to enforce applicable terms and conditions or to protect our, our users and Partner’s rights, privacy, safety or property.
- The Personal Information, provided by you, may be shared with our Partners to help detect and prevent identity theft, frauds and other illegal activities; correlate or map related accounts to prevent misuse of our services and to provide you service.
- We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedures, in line with international standards like IS/ISO/IEC 27001, PCI-DSS and applicable laws, to include strategic, operational, managerial, technical and physical security controls to safeguard and protect your personal information against unauthorized access and unlawful interception. Additionally, we have adopted measures to ensure that your Personal Information is accessible to our employees or Partner’s employees strictly on the ‘need to know’ basis.
- Our applications/website have industry standard security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Information with us. Whenever you change or access your account information, we facilitate the use of a secure server. We apply encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect your Personal Information when stored or transmitted by us.
- We have taken appropriate steps for the security and protection of all our digital platforms including internal applications, however, we shall not be responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure of Personal Information for reasons outside our control.
The Application/websites may include links to other websites/applications. Such websites/ application are governed by operator’s privacy policies, which are beyond our control and we will not be responsible for their privacy practices or the content.
You shall be responsible to ensure that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data. To update your Personal Information with us, you may login to your account through JioMoney application or portal or you may also visit your nearest retailer.
For any queries or feedback on the policy, please feel free to reach us through any of the modes available on our application or website.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with Terms & Conditions applicable for JioMoney account. Registration or usage of the JioMoney implies your express consent and agreement to this Policy. This Policy is subject to modification based on changes in the business, legal and regulatory requirements and will be updated online. You are encouraged to periodically visit this page to review the policy and any changes.